wood2 copy
 


unique visitors counter --Since April 21, 2006--

About Us
ARKANSAS RAZORBAPTISTS robin_batman_e_batgirl
ArkRazorbaptist [at] aol [dot] com


Help Darfur

Popular Sites

BibleGateway
SBC.net
Crosswalk.com
K-LOVE Radio

My Picks

  • Who it's all about
  • Joe Kennedy, Master of all things HTML and the brother who created this blog template. THANKS JOE.
  • IX Marks
  • Arkansas Baptist News
  • Arkansas Razorbacks
  • Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

  • Blogs

    Wade Burleson
    Rt. Rev. B.S. Cole
    Paul "Wade's Daddy" Burleson
    Tad Thompson
    Tad Thompson's Other Blog
    SBC Outpost
    Bryan Riley
    Adam Feldman
    Alan Cross
    Art Rogers
    Brent Thomas
    CB Scott
    CW
    Daniel Randle
    David Phillips
    OKpreacher
    David Price
    David Wright
    Dorcas Hawker
    Gary Lamb
    Jason Britt
    Jason Sampler
    Jason Shepherd
    Jeff Richard Young
    Joe Kennedy
    Joe Thorn
    John Stickley
    Kevin Bussey
    Micah Fries
    Missional Baptist Blog
    Nathan Skipper
    OK Preacher
    Paul Fries
    Paul Littleton
    Rick & Christie Garrett
    Rick Thompson
    Steve McCoy
    Tim Sweatman
    Timmy Brister
    Todd Littleton
    Tom Ascol
    Truthful Baptist
    Villa Rica
    Warren Kelly
    Wes Kenney

    The Persecuted Church

    Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com
    Persecution Blog
    Persecution.com
    PrisonerAlert.com
    BosNewsLife
    Compass Direct News
    Forum 18 News


    Our blog is worth more than you got!
    How much is your blog worth?

     

    Sunday, May 07, 2006

    If you want Glitz, Glamour and a Megachurch SBC President, then Ronnie Floyd is your man.

    Here is Ronnie Floydwith his family: It appears he is wearing a spandex t-shirt with his jeans. (The editors here couldn't pull it off) This is the new cross at his other church, The Church at Pinnacle Hills in Rogers, Arkansas.

    Now we think this is a little much. YES, THOSE ARE MEN IN THE BUCKET ATTACHED TO THE CRANE! One has to wonder if building a huge cross with God's money is good stewardship. If you are trying to build a megachurch, then we suppose this is excellent stewardship.

    We think Ronnie Floyd is a good man even a great man, whose life is filled with some the trapping that come from being in a church that is bubbling over with prosperity. He has his good points. A lot of people have come to know Christ at his church.

    His church is going to supply the Arkansas Razorbacks with the nation's top high school quarterback this fall. In 2004, he drew the line on the presidential election by telling his churches to VOTE GOD!

    He will have two huge facilities in neighboring towns. Will this quickly become the new standard for megachurches? "We don't want one campus we need TWO!" Much of the growth experienced by First Church, Springdale and The Church at pinnacle Hills is due to the enormous population growth in Northwest Arkansas. The "if you build it they will come" approach has worked and is working for them.

    That being said, Ronnie Floyd has done a lot of wonderful things for the KINGDOM, but is he really the future of our convention?


    We want a leader whose church has grown because the word of God is exposited every Sunday; whose church not only grows in numbers, but whose people have grown deeper in their walks with God. Is he the right man?

    We think that glitz, glamour and telegenics should not be the hallmark of our leadership there must be more. We look forward to hearing his vision for the SBC. We know that the SBC needs a confident leader who exudes grace when he speaks and exposites sound theology when he preaches; who can speak with authority, yet be humble when the cameras are rolling.

    posted by Arkansas Razorbaptist at 5/07/2006 10:03:00 AM

    13 Comments:

    Blogger Tad Thompson said...

    I'm glad your anonymous - don't be to hard on Dr. Floyd. I realize he is not the poster boy of the younger leader movement, but he has many traits that many pastors can and should take note of:

    1) He is an extrememly hard worker. There are many churches with nice buildings (my former FBC Bentonville being one of them) that are not growing very much at all, quite frankly because many pastors could use an injection of work ethic.

    2) Dr. Floyd is a visionary. I think he would be great for NAMB. The guy dreams big and has the giftedness to get things done.

    3) I believe he has a heart for the lost.

    I know the whole image thing is hard for many to swallow - and I am not going to judge his heart - this is not my job. But if he is judged by his fruit - I dont think I can say much.

    Sorry to be an apologist for Dr. Floyd - but I can't help but respect him for much of his ministry.

    This does not mean he will get my vote - but I am also not going to vote for just anyone out there. I also have a source close to Dr. Floyd that intimates that he believes that the convention needs much change. - just food for thought.

    Saturday, May 06, 2006 11:15:00 PM  
    Blogger SBC Noobie said...

    I agree with Tad. The man has vision and a heart for the lost. I was elated when I learned of hi nomination. His message at the state convention this year was exactly what I needed to hear... I can't remember the exact title, but i believe it was "This ain't your granny's convention anymore"

    Surely you could dig it up- I'm sure it would be a teaser to what's to come in June.

    Also- what's up with the picture on the previous post? Are we playing like that now? As much as I admire your Photoshop skills, it seems a bit childish.

    Sunday, May 07, 2006 7:38:00 PM  
    Blogger Arkansas Razorbaptist said...

    No, I was just having fun..Armani Ronnie. That was a pic of Giorgio in his Benz. Ronnie is not a bad guy. I do worry about those pulling his strings.

    Sunday, May 07, 2006 8:48:00 PM  
    Blogger SBC Noobie said...

    Yes- I got the parrallel. And I appreciate you taking the pic down. I just think it's best if we don't take that approach.

    I heard an Arkansas Pastor talking about his church once, and how blessed they were, and how his church was meeting in a high school, and how they were having to set up and take down every Sunday for church. I was happy to hear a familiar story (my Dad was a church planter) and one that went back to the Word and the basics of evangelism... then he made a crack about the Pastor down the road... "Armani Ronnie". To be honest I can't remember the sentence or conversation around it, but he said it with such a careless attitude- I felt that he was just jealous and couldn't find a way to be supportive of a ministry that had been blessed beyond measure. What a sad way to be remembered by a brother in Christ... the pastor who calls another fellow laborer childish names.

    That is why that photo and comment struck a nerve with me... again... thanks for taking it down.

    Tuesday, May 09, 2006 5:16:00 AM  
    Blogger Brian Armas said...

    Hey- those are some great photos! :) Tad is very right. Pastor is a hard worker and I've never worked for a greater visionary. He knows how to lead and would be a great President.

    Tad's 3rd comment is the most accurate. The first time I was able to spend some time with Pastor Floyd was during an 11 hour layover in Hong Kong on our way to the SouthEast Asia Convention. We did the best we could at staying together in a group (of 11) while killing a very long mid-trip layover. The 1 thing that struck me and that I will always remember is Pastor's 1 on 1 time with each person he encountered–sharing the good news of Jesus. That's why it was a no-brainer for me to leave my business and join his staff when God opened that door for me.

    Friday, May 12, 2006 4:43:00 PM  
    Blogger Brian Armas said...

    I just realized the photo Noobie was referring to- and I also find that to be a bit "under the belt". But it's your blog-––and your witness.

    And the reason I said those were great photos on this post is because I took them. Hey- the email I'm sure you sent asking for permission to use them somehow got deleted. ;)

    Friday, May 12, 2006 4:46:00 PM  
    Blogger GodsMan said...

    Believe me, Ronnie Floyd is committed to one thing when he gets up to preach week in and week out and that is to preach the word of God. His teaching is sound, Biblically based doctrine. Dr. Floyd is dedicated to reaching people with the gospel of Jesus Christ and nothing else. I've been under his preaching and leadership for over 20 years and I know that he would make a superb SBC President.

    Friday, May 12, 2006 9:17:00 PM  
    Blogger Arkansas Razorbaptist said...

    Godsman,

    What do you guys at FBCS say about your lack of giving to the CP when you are a multi-million dollar megachurch. I would like to hear a little justification.

    Friday, May 12, 2006 10:08:00 PM  
    Blogger Brad Graves said...

    Well, I went to the U of A and was a Razorback too. But I do appreciate Dr. Floyd. You were pretty hard on him. Has he hurt you in some way? What would drive you to personally attack him? Have fun, be light hearted, but remember he has a wife, sons, and a grandson who look up to him.
    By the way - I'm not anonymous. Why are you? If you don't want to admit to saying it - why say it?

    READ MORE AT...http://churchlaunchers.blogspot.com/

    Saturday, May 13, 2006 2:39:00 PM  
    Blogger Arkansas Razorbaptist said...

    Brad,

    Please tell me how I have personally attacked Dr. Floyd.

    I fail to see it.

    Saturday, May 13, 2006 2:49:00 PM  
    Blogger Brad Graves said...

    Have you read your blog? The way he dresses, size of church, etc... I interpreted that as harsh.
    Perhaps I am being overly sensitive. If I am I will concede my comment. All that may be in jest and you two are tight. Forgive me if I misintrepeted your candor.

    Saturday, May 13, 2006 3:10:00 PM  
    Blogger Arkansas Razorbaptist said...

    Brad,

    Please don't be overly sensitive. I'm just having fun with Dr. Floyd -- you have to admit the spandex t-shirt invites comment.

    I have heard from former staff members that h he might not find my joking funny. Oh well, he is going to have develop a think skin quickly, because the mainstream media is about to have a field day with him – mark my words.

    Saturday, May 13, 2006 3:59:00 PM  
    Blogger Brad Graves said...

    I am a former staff member. As long as we are not shooting our own it is fine.
    Truth be told, If I could pull of wearing a spanix t-shirt, I might. I am just not there physically, yet.
    Spandix or not, he has my support. I think he can handle the media.
    Go Hogs!

    Saturday, May 13, 2006 5:01:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

    On Tap for the Hogs

    Arkansas vs. Ole Miss
    Saturday, October 21, 2006
    Fayetteville 11:30 A.M. On TV. [Lincoln Financial Sports]

    Opposing Team Sites:

    Official Ole Miss Football
    Rivals Ole Miss
    Scout Ole Miss

    News:

    Clarion Ledger


    The Arkansas Razorbaptists

    The hearts of once quiet, passive pew sitters who have since become fired up for spreading the good news about the life transforming power of a relationship with Jesus Christ: Sola Gratia, Solo Christo, Sola Fide, Sola Dei Gloria, Sola Scriptura, Sola Cruce, Solo Evangelio.


    Blog Feed


    Add to My AOL
    Add The Arkansas Razorbaptist(s) to ODEO

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online
    Subscribe in Bloglines
    Add to Google


    Previous Posts

    The Message for Greensboro? In my world of message...
    From Wade Burleson's Blog: The Memphis Decl...
    Memphis (Updated) I received an update from Memphi...
    From the Culture Desk... Don't Look! It's a...BIB...
    From the Culture Desk... Lawsuit targets Baptist ...
    Perhaps our brothers and sisters in Memphis could ...
    Thanks to Clif Cummings for posting on his blog ...
    Hank and the Mega Church I saw this video over at...
    I mentioned this book the other day on SBC OUTPOS...
    UPDATE: WEB SITES ARE BACK ONLINE _______________...

    Archives

    April 16, 2006
    April 23, 2006
    April 30, 2006
    May 07, 2006
    May 14, 2006
    May 21, 2006
    May 28, 2006
    June 04, 2006
    June 11, 2006
    June 18, 2006
    June 25, 2006
    July 02, 2006
    July 09, 2006
    July 16, 2006
    July 23, 2006
    July 30, 2006
    August 06, 2006
    August 13, 2006
    August 20, 2006
    August 27, 2006
    September 03, 2006
    September 10, 2006
    September 17, 2006
    September 24, 2006
    October 15, 2006
     

    email.ArkRazorbaptist [at] aol [dot] com | copyright 2006, all rights reserved

    [Valid RSS]